Monday, April 5, 2010

Switching it Up

So instead of focussing on a restaurant today I wanted to focus on a place to get your own organic food! For all of you chefs out there I suggest you take a look at the recipes on Whole Food's Whole Story blog. There are tons of blogs out there with great recipes. I suggest you stop by any of the local organic food markets. For this post I am going to focus on Diane's Natural Foods in the Hobby Lobby Parking lot off of 312 and US-1 in St. Augustine.

I was waiting for my friends to meet me at the bagel shop in that parking lot and just had to go in and check it out. It is pretty big and has a variety of different products from vitamins and herbs to food to books to toiletries...I could go on. The store presentation is nothing out of the ordinary but it was clean and organized so I couldn't really complain. No one really greeted me but they seemed to be very helpful to the customers who were asking them questions so I am sure I could have approached them if I needed anything.

I looked on their website and found out that they have three locations in Northeast Florida so you can always check out the Anastasia Island and Palm Coast locations and let me know how you feel about them! If you need the addresses they are listed on the site! Their website could definitely use some work but it did have the basics on the homepage.

I bought some local honey and it tastes great in my tea. To me there is nothing better than some local honey! Being from Connecticut I am used to Vermont honey so my standards were high but it tastes good to me. When I checked out the cashier was nice and friendly to me so that made up for not getting greeted or assisted earlier in my visit.

Overall there was a wide variety of products, the quality seemed to be high, the prices seemed to be reasonable for an organic food store to me, and the service was decent. They must be doing something right because on their website it states, "We have been voted St. Augustine’s Best Health Food Store 11 years running and take pride in our high level of customer satisfaction and outstanding service." This is a great place for an organic shopper to go for a one stop shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment